Laser Skin Rejuvenation Treatments
Cosmetic surgery continues to receive increasing interest from all around the world. one of the popular surgeries is the laser skin rejuvenation treatments. Laser skin rejuvenation treatments are cosmetic procedures that use lasers to improve the texture and appearance of the skin. These lasers also work to treat certain skin blemishes and issues associated with aging. One of the interesting facts about laser skin rejuvenation treatments is that the lasers vary in terms of their effect on the skin. Understanding this simple fact will help you take the right steps when you want to undergo the procedure.
When it comes to lasers for skin rejuvenation, the target is the water molecules forming within the dermis' collagen layer. So it is not about capillaries or melanin. According to Robert Anolik, a dermatology professor, “We are not trying to affect the water’s appearance, obviously, but heating it creates a grid of what we call microthermal zones which trigger extensive repair and collagen production by tricking the skin into a healing phase.”
Laser Options For Skin Rejuvenation
There are different lasers you can use for your laser skin rejuvenation treatments. Your doctor should give you all the necessary details about them before choosing a suitable one for you. It must be noted that no laser treats all skin issues. This is perhaps why there are varieties of lasers that have varying effects according to the skin conditions they treat.
- Erbium Lasers: These lasers can be ablative and non-ablative. They focus majorly on remodeling the collagen. This means that they are good at treating wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, and skin laxity.
- Co2 Lasers: These lasers as ablative and can be used to treat warts, wrinkles, scars, and severe skin issues.
- Fractional Lasers: Fractional lasers can be ablative and non-ablative and can be used to treat age-related skin blemishes. The fractional laser energy breaks into thousands of tiny beams. The aim is to target a fraction of the skin.
- Pulsed-Dye Lasers: These lasers are non-ablative. The beam heats the skin to absorb pigments. They treat rosacea, broken capillaries, hyperpigmentation, and redness.
- Intense Pulse Light (IPL): This treatment does not really include lasers. However, the treatment handles similar skin concerns as lasers like rosacea, hyperpigmentation, and acne.
Side Effects Of Laser Skin Rejuvenation Treatments
There are a few side effects that result from laser skin rejuvenation procedures. The side effects are only temporary and will disappear before you know it. The most common risks include:
- Bacterial infection
- Burns and other injuries resulting from the laser’s heat.
- Herpes cold sores
- Skin pigmentation
To perform this cosmetic procedure, it is essential to talk with your doctor first to make proper planning for the procedure and post-procedure plan. Also, knowing who performs the procedure on your skin is crucial. The treatment is only safe if it is done by a knowledgeable and professional lase rejuvenation treatment doctor. You can get set up with the best hands at Flawless Laser and Body Sculpting in Calgary for the procedure.